All students are welcome and encouraged to participate in our Showcase. We want this event to display an exciting atmosphere where we celebrate the awesome talents that we have been given as dancers. We also want to create unity and confidence for a more relaxed environment for all who participate. Though it is not a competition, we will be critiquing all performances for your benefit. All entries will receive an award in honor of their participation in The Showcase.
Registration Fees for the Showcase
Solos, Duets & Trios
Groups with 4 - 9 Dancers
- We want to respect all our viewers and keep our focus on God during the convention. Therefore, please be very careful in selecting the performance you bring. Absolutely no sexual or inappropriate movements of any nature allowed. No suggestive or questionable lyrics. No inappropriate costuming. There will be disqualification for numbers that do not follow these guidelines.
- No use of fire or live animals during showcase performances.
- No entering or exiting during performances.
- All dancers wishing to participate must be registered for entire convention.
- All Showcase registrations must be received at least 15 days prior to the start of the convention. Showcase registrations received after 15 days will not be accepted.
- All groups attending are eligible for ONE performance in the Showcase. Groups of 11-25 students are eligible for TWO performances. Groups of 26+ students are eligible for THREE performances.
- Since this is not a competition, we do not categorize awards into solos, duets, groups or ages.
- Dance Revolution faculty will critique all routines using voice recording to give helpful feedback. The critique recordings will be emailed to the studio or participant the week after the convention concludes.
- Time limits will be as follows: All solos, duets, and trios - 3 minute max. All other groups - 5 minute max.
- No videotaping allowed at any time during Showcase. Still pictures may be taken.
- If you are not registered for the convention, but would like to attend the Showcase, there will be a $5.00 fee. Please purchase your pass at the DR Table the night of the event.
- Please email all music to email@example.com no later than 10 days prior to the start of the convention. Please bring a back-up CD to the convention as well in case there is an issue. Please be sure that the sound quality of your recordings is excellent. Please make sure that all cues and fading out are already taken care of.
More Programs from DR
Southlake, TX 76092